Monday, May 10, 2010

use 9,823, 571 for a swimming pool pole


After 8 years of living in our house I have discovered a mulberry bush in our backyard. Who ever wrote the line

"All around the mulberry bush
The monkey chased the weasel"

was badly mistaken.

The thing in my backyard is a tree. With old sheets strategically placed under the limbs I began the task of shaking the tree. A few berries fell. With little luck in reaching the high branches I began to climb. One step was all I could go. Flip-flops and small limbs precluded this attempts. The radar showed rain on the way so searching for the ladder was a waste of time. But AHH HAAA in comes the pool pole. with the brush attachment on and sheets placed in the tree, I could hook a limb and shake the berries off. Success resulted in many fallen berries and me on my knees in picking them up. One gallon of berries successfully picked "up" now send the rain.

No comments: